Saturday, December 27, 2008

One week from this VERY moment...

Hello dearest dears!  it is almost 1 pm, saturday.  At 1 pm NEXT saturday, I will be putting on my wedding dress!

Thought I would share some photos of romance on the cheap, as will be the story of my newlywed life for the next 2.5 years.  But John and I are so happy that we can be poor and in love together!

So the centerpiece of my apartment Christmas decorations was the table you can see in the photo.  I shopped on craigslist for antlers, and bought 4-5 good size sets (one mounted on a wooden plaque) for $15.  I put down some green material, then arranged the antlers somewhat in a circle.  I have a big pine tree that hangs over my balcony, so I cut off some thinner boughs and arranged those in and out of the antlers.  I then bought some red and white pillar candles and some Christmasy-scented votive candles.  John and I put a Duraflame in the fireplace and drank the port that was a party favor at my brother's wedding.  We turned off the lights, lit the flames, and voila!  Romance for a $15 investment in something I will keep.


I hope you all had lovely holidays with your family and loved ones.   To those who will be in Napa next week...hip hip hurray!  I love you so much for making the effort to show your support and affection. 

Sorry I am so sappy and emotional- I barely know myself, but I just can't help myself!!


1 comment:

crystal canty said...

wow wonderful romance!! i am now reading this on saturday evening and imagining us dancing the night away at this very moment!!!! i am so happy and excited for your wonderful wedding!!! i can not wait to see you and john exchange vows and kiss!!! haha!!! wow!!! i really am speachless! reading this blog and seeing the pictures really put it all in perspective for me!!! anyway i love the antlers and the candles. they are beautiful! i also love the wine glasses!!! i hope you got to toast to your future! ;)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails