Thursday, February 5, 2009

Funny thing, about men

So I admit it, last night I cried. Too much reading, I had an accident at the gym (idiot left a treadmill running full speed while he got off and tried to open windows, I was moving quickly and stepped over the treadmill which I thought was paused . Needless to say I went flying and now have a huge bruise and scratches on my cheek (p.s. not my face)).  Funny in retrospect, but added to the "oh hell" evening. Then the dishes weren't cleaned, and on and on.  John noticed something was wrong and hugged me, and I kind of cried.  He asked if I was just overwhelmed, I nodded.
As I walked away he said: "so are you going to tell me what's wrong?" I said: "It isn't that anything is wrong, it's just that nothing is right." (I know, deep right?)

Pause

A likely girl response to my statement: sympathetic and gentle questions to draw out my emotions, let me cry a little more, maybe make a cup of tea. 

Boy response: ".....so are you going to tell me what's wrong.....?" i.e. please tell me something tangible- did your dog die, your grandma is sick, is it your hormones, etc.?

Have you ever had that kind of interaction?
I think male responses are often a great compliment to female emotions- but sometimes kind of funny :)


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

they aren't wrong.... just different!!!!
aaaaaahhhhhh!!! i have those all all all the time!!!!!


oh corinna... that is why girls need girlfriends. I am sorry your night was a mess. I wish I could be there to hug you and give you some tea. really. i had one of those nights this week and i had to cuddle up with a big mug of tea. awwww i will be praying for you dear. keep your chin up. you are a strong powerful precious lady. i love you and am always here for you even if you need to shed a tear via phone.
<3 you

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails