Thursday, February 26, 2009

I am a freak for being healthy

I become a real wimp when I'm sick; and being sick is disastrous to keeping up with how full my life is and how quickly I have to move.  I came across 5 ways to keep yourself, and your immune system, functioning at optimum performance:

1. More sulforaphan- that means mushrooms, broccoli, cabbage, kale, cauliflower (of these, the only one I tend to eat is cabbage, I love to put the purple shreds in my salad and on my sandwiches!)
2. Sex - as research said: women who had sex once or twice a week had 30 percent higher levels of the antibody immunoglobulin A, which is the body's first line of defense in fighting off infection.  If this is unavailable to you, eat more of the foods in the above list :)
3. Having a social network- it helps you buffer stress
4. Cups of tea: 1-2 helps, and 5 is best, it boosts your white blood cells
5. Vitamin E: i.e., almonds, peanuts, sunflower seeds, kiwi

Maybe a somewhat boring post, but I won't realllly want to hang out with you if you're sick; so keep yourselves healthy!!!! xox

1 comment:

dianasaur said...

did you get my call? im sorry! i am jealous that you get to have sex

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails