Tuesday, March 3, 2009

My eyes, my eyes

Oh dear, my eyes can hardly stay open. 2 more hours of class, then horse, then homework, then sleep.  This man's expression perks me up a little, so strict and stern!  It is like he is saying 
"Ms. White (for that is what they call me still in school), 
Your eyes are like a covered swimming pool:
You must awaken and dive right in quick,
Lift up your head as heavy as a brick.
How can this be?
That you appear so sleepy?
Not paying attention- 
I must make this contention; 
(upon this I did brood)
really you are quite rude!"


And I respond:
"Dear Signor Pipoli (for that is his real name)
I hang my head in shame
At my despicable demeanor;
Yet will you let me be a little meaner?
And fall upon the floor,
In an exhausted stupor?"

1 comment:

crystal canty said...

dang corinna you are sooo incredibly poetic.
i love it.
<3
i hope you got some good z's that night.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails