Wednesday, April 1, 2009

All you city folk, don't you cringe now

So- you know me...love the city: theatre, restaurants, museums, art galleries, the hustle and bustle and energy and power.  But I was raised as a country girl, amidst the fine culture of Napa Valley.  But out where I lived, we were cleaning horse stalls at 6 AM before we caught the hour long bus ride at 7:10.  I learned how to shoot before I was ten, mainly at targets.  When we met a new country family when I was about 15- they introduced us to the world of sustainable hunting.  
And I'm writing all of this to say how proud, and slightly jealous, I am of my big brother who just got his first wild boar this weekend!  There is a major overpopulation right now and they are uprooting trees, destroying the ground, and causing bad erosion.  So all you animal rights activists, it is for the best for licensed, responsible, population control.  And we don't waste- we eat them!  And John went on his first turkey hunt this weekend!

With all those formalities out of the way, lets see some photos! And get ready for some great BBQs this summer!
<-- Me!
Keith and John with one of three turkeys




Keith and his 150 pounder

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails