Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Spookesville on a summer day. but i hear haunting wind chimes outside my window




Ah the ambrosia of inspiration.  Here, a photographer photographed 102 abandoned houses in Detroit (here in the real world, they're shuttin' Detroit down.)  Some of them I am itching to have oodles of cash to purchase and fix them up into the grandeur they once had (my goodness, they seem to inspire the poet in me).  However, they kind of send a chill up my spine. i like it.

From fellow blogger

3 comments:

Launi said...

Ooohh...yeah. They are kinda creepy. But if the weather was good--they might look better. I'm with you though--I'd love to fix up an old house and live in it. That feels magical to me.
Thanks for sharing this.

Jessica said...

so beautiful ! I have to agree they are kind of haunted looking at the moment, but i see the potentiel !
I would love to fix one of these up ! great blog too, i just found it :)

Daisy said...

I really love these photos, there seems to be so much history sitting in tose photos, unkown stories !

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails