Monday, June 15, 2009

This is the best city in the world

No more can be said, BA is the most incredible city to which I have ever been.  It is my second time here and my expectations of the wonder of the city have been surpassed beyond my expectation.
Finalmente, empanadas perfectas- de chocolo, roquefort, carne suave, jamon y queso...


Christin was a high school exchange student with a family here and they have visited each other and stayed in contact for all this time.  The younger daughter, Malaly (Maria Laura) was a bridesmaid in Christin's wedding even.  So the parents and Malaly picked us up from the airport, took us to their three story penthouse, fed us demaciados empanadas y el helado mas rico en el mundo- de doble chocolate y dulce de leche tan buenisima (I immediately took a Pept0- lactose intolerant, or lacking self-control...? no se...)

La familia increible: Juan Carlos, Claudia, Malaly, Nacho, Christin, y Nico


Christin and I then went out with Malaly, her boyfriend Nacho, and her brother Nicolas to meet with some friends when dinner finished at 11.  We needed a toast of Quilmes to new friends and to being in BA.  Oof, we checked into our hotel at 4 am.  John I wish you could be here!

Las tres companeras: Cwis, Malaly, y Cari

Today we had clase a la UBA- mas de negocios.  After class we took a small siesta, then went to the local "hippie" market stalls.  We took a taxi to Malaly's y tomamos cafe y fuimos para cenar in a restaurant k fue fantastic.  Fantastico.  We need to go to sleep earlier tonight, so now it is 11 45 and hopefully to sleep by midnight.  (Quien soy? no estoy dormienda a las 10??)

Driving around these streets I am so happy.  I get jittery.  This city has a certain feel, an essence, it is hard to explain.  I love being with locals.  I love how beautifully dressed all the women are.  I love how cultured the city is, yet so distinctly Argentinean.  Estoy tan feliz.  John I can't wait to bring you here!  (and maybe stay?? start working on that castillano :) )

muchos abrazos- we'll be very busy tomorrow and wednesday, but I'll do my best to keep updating.

que rico k puedo dormir en la ciudad mas mejor en todo el mundo !

3 comments:

Clarity said...

Charming post, you bilinguist :), you seem to be having a heady time of it. Do post pictures of Argentina, a country I am not familiar with...

Collin White said...

Vale Argentina eh!!!
Que rico q pudiste comer empanadas y tomar quilmes!! Mucho suerte con todo el viaje por alli en BA! Pero queiro ver los fotos con Clelia y Faviola tambien!!

Camila K. said...

I know...B.A. is the perfect city. European sophistication with hot Latin culture! Being there with Eric was hands-down my fav vacation ever (beside the honeymoon, of course!). In fact, we were even looking at which neighborhood we would rent an apartment in!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails