
I had a very lovely Thanksgiving with my in-laws. It was incredibly, terribly, horribly hard to return yesterday evening. Santa Barbara is a place of beauty beyond comprehension. And husband's family is warm and inviting. I am now in final. season. It is really quite awful. So, I retreat into my "bear cave" as husband has fondly named my spot in the office, behind towers of books.
But I know I need to stay positive! And breathe deeply when I start feeling overwhelmed. Listening to Christmas music helps calm my spirits.
Remember to always be thankful. This morning I am very thankful to be back to my own coffee (my in-laws' coffee and I just don't get along).
I am thankful for the sunshine every day- last year November was grey the entire month! I am thankful that my lingering cough has gone away at last! I am thankful, so deeply thankful, for my husband. I am thankful I am Swedish! I am thankful for the song "O Holy Night."
Au revoir! Many blessings to you through the holidays!
Image from Haven and Home from Country Living Swedish Decor
1 comment:
I miss Santa Barbara! I lived in San Luis Obispo from age 4-14, before I was shipped off to boarding school! The central coast is so beautiful... and your lovely blog is making me home sick : )
XXX Kate
Post a Comment