Sunday, March 28, 2010

Spring Break Part II

In the latter part of my break I went with my mother and grandmother to San Francisco for lunch and the museum!

Sutro's Restaurant at the Cliff House is truly jaw-dropping, mesmerizing.
(I recommend clicking the link for a quick slideshow showing each era of the building)
The first Cliff House on that site was built in 1863!
While the facade may be modest, the views are some of the best in the world.

Very stuffed after lunch we headed to the Palace of the Legion of Honor, in Lincoln park, with spectacular views of the Golden Gate bridge.
The museum is built to 3/4 scale of the Palais de la Legion d'Honneur in Paris.
We went to see the special Cartier exhibit.
Oh the jewels! Tiaras, brooches, rings, and watches!
Even the most immaterial of girls would be enticed by the brilliantly cut stones.
Truly artistry of the finest manner.


See what I mean?  I could hardly eat my Swordfish BLT for want of staring at the view.


These are the original baths, brrr!



From the front, looking towards the famous Ocean Beach


From the beach looking back up towards the Cliff House


My always-stylish and glamorous grandmother with me at Ocean Beach

Grandma knows how to have poise!
(At the Legion of Honor)


While I on the other hand, am captured standing awkwardly, telling grandma just to push the big button.
I have much to learn from her; I wish I had the same poise and gracefulness as she!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am sure you've had a wonderful time, you do look very happy!
What a great spring break!

XX
V.

Clarity said...

Beautiful grandmother - thank you for sharing the pictures of your lovely time. I straightened my back after observing her :)

Yep, even makes typing easier! Give her my warm wishes.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails