Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Bonjour from Bruxelles!

Whew, before I knew it I was on a plane headed away for a month!  The past few weeks have been so busy that this trip has been laid to rest on the very furthest "back burner," but June 2 came around and away I went!

I love British Airways.  I sat in the very last row in the plane and it was just fine, especially since the seat next to me was empty!  I exchanged planes in Heathrow (that airport is stock full of luxury stores, very tempting and teasing!), then managed to catch the correct train in Brussels, disembarked at the Central Station, then took a taxi to our hotel.  We are right across the street from the Bourge, which is the Brussels stock exchange.

I say we, by the way, because I am joining a group organized by American University, Washington College of Law, for some European summer school!  I meet the group this evening, in less than two hours, so I need to go find myself some dinner! (And not french fries with mayonnaise or mussels!)

Have to go, more later!

xox

4 comments:

Clarity said...

I just commented earlier and now this?

Hello girl! You are almost a neighbour now. Mulles are delish, try them, they might taste different in Brussels :) My spelling has gone out the window, thankfully not my appetite.

Unknown said...

Enjoy the days in the European capital....It's a wonderful city!
Can't wait to hear your impressions...

XX
Victoria

dianasaur said...

are you going to bruges at all?

if you are, i have TONS of great places to tell you about.

Unknown said...

clarity- im headed to your "island" next :)
di- i've been, so im going to skip it this time. but i'm living it up in brussels pretty well! wish you were heeeere!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails