Happy Midsummer!
The longest day of the year is a little overcast here. But there is a really great music festival throughout Paris in celebration of the (hidden) sun!
As my professor wrote to us:
FETE DE LA MUSIQUE/FAITES DE LA MUSIQUE!
It all began in October 1981, when Maurice Fleuret became Director of Music. Fleuret wanted to find a way to bring people and their music out on to the streets. In 1982, the Fête de la Musique was born.
Musicians playing are a mix of professionals and amateurs and festival policy is to give an equal place to rock, jazz, singing and classical music.
Rock gigs are usually held at Place de la Republique, while classical orchestras or French chansons can be heard in the courtyard of the Palais Royal and indie bands at place Denfert-Rochereau.
Only a few more days here.
I sat on the pews of Sacre Couer.
I need to eat less cheese.
And I need to shop a little more.
And pause to look at the Seine a little more closely.
It could be awhile until I return.
I love the friends I have made.
The cold weather is unseasonable and unusual, so I'm willing to be forgiving.
3 comments:
Paris makes you want to climb a cloud and float above, quietly and with reverie!
What a city! Je t'aime!
"I need to eat less cheese.
And I need to shop a little more"
In my words:
"more cheese, yes please"
"to shop, will only make the checking acct. balance drop"
but shopping is epic. but cheese is good. but shopping is lasting. but cheese is so good. but shopping is with you forever. but cheese is so VERY good.
Post a Comment