Thursday, September 2, 2010

A little before and after

Downsizing to a smaller home required downsizing to some smaller furniture.  We were given this old, old bamboo table, and it was the perfect size!  But it needed a little sprucing.  The glass top was so old that a corner chipped off as we placed it into the car.  The bamboo was so old that it had yellowed in various spots.  Thus, the rebirth of a coffee table:








Voila!










So, silver trays instead of a glass top.
Glossy black rather than aged yellow.

And that's an Anthropologie candle given to me as a birthday gift, and the smell is so divine and soothing and wonderful!

5 comments:

jenn from midlife modern said...

Great table! I love bamboo furniture. I recently painted a boring wicker chair a bright turquoise for my desk and love the punch of color. Good job making it look fresh and modern.

Collin White said...

Nice table. I'm starting to appreciate little things like this since I now have my own place now

Amy @ Varnish said...

What a great DIY project! Nicely done.

Sydney said...

WOW this is gorgeous!! What an awesome project!! Love your blog ... I'm your newest follower :)

Unknown said...

thank you! it was surprisingly simple, except for my hand that cramped in a claw because i didn't use a spray handle. i think i've become an addict to spray paint!

glad you all are here!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails