Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Hello hello hellooooo!

I am home! And falling terribly prey to jet lag. I am so in love with my husband and so thrilled to be back in his arms.

There is so much to be done! First, under threat from aforementioned husband, all my traveling gear must be cleaned, packed, and put away pronto. 

Secondly, we may be moving soon (within a month and a half).  And we are very conflicted.  We do not love the complex we are in, but definitely do not want to go anywhere worse than where we are.  And the pros and cons have a difficult time balancing (price, amenities, security, mature vegetation, tall ceilings, two bathrooms, location, etc.).  I would love a change, but only if it is a happy change.   Meanwhile, I have been bitten hard by the re-design bug (and apparently husband did not vacuum much while I was gone because I have two very itchy spider bites). 
So on that positive note, I am starting with a porch make-over.  Before and after photos will appear soon.  I am scouring summer sales and craigslist. The weather is rather deadly during the day, but the 80 degree 9 pm evenings are perfect for us to sit outside and connect after a long day (and I have a great new recipe for "grown-up" lemonade).

Today my sister and I are having a girls day!  My feet are a  disaster after a month of travel and I need a pedicure like you wouldn't believe (it is a rare indulgence).

I spent the day with my mother yesterday  catching up on our lives, and I was in a swimsuit, oh how I missed the summer weather!

I have started boot camp with my goose-berry horse.  He was a rather bad boy while I was gone and now we are getting into shape, together, for some shows this summer.  I was at the barn at 6 am yesterday (I think it was the jet lag), and 7:30 this morning (adjusting to new time zone!).

My parents garden is starting to uncontrollably vomit zucchini as it does every summer.  I already have a big bag full.  Let me know if you have any great/ creative recipes with that vegetable.  I love it, but am running out of ideas beyond zucchini bread, zucchini burgers, BBQ zucchini, zucchini in pasta.... 

This was an incredibly rambling little blog post.  But now its out, you're all caught up- and hip hip hurray to a beautifully creative summer! 

2 comments:

dianasaur said...

i really liked this post corinna, it just seems like the way the mind goes, you know? just truthfully letting it go where it needs to go. a potentially cute bearded man orders at coffee bean right now, but i dont like that he is wearing a hawaiian shirt. my friend elise is the barista right now and i am making eyes at her. i love zucchini but im not sure what to do with it. i am so jealous that you have someone to unwind with at the end of the day! it's so wonderful. maybe you guys could move down south a bit?

Clarity said...

Welcome back, so pleased you had a pleasant homecoming - they say absence makes the heart grow fonder but I think it's the realisation of how much love.

A pedicure sounds gorgeous, I might just set up a similar date myself, thanks!

Hello back!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails