Tuesday, July 21, 2009

ooh la la i'm in a good mood, hurrah!

Yesterday I had a terrrrrrible case of the Monday blues.  A slump in the road after the weekend spent out on the lake and celebrating my aunt's 70th birthday!


But today has been so productive, though with a completely different meaning than during the school year.  I think it is important we learn how to re-define words for different periods of our life.

So, some exciting news: we're moving!  I know I shared here on the blog some of my concerns about doing so, but really it is so fantastic.  Oddly, we will be about 3 minutes away from where we are now.  But wonderfully, we will have a duplex with a huge back yard and a luscious magnolia tree in the front yard.


One reason why I'm excited is a chance for change, and to re-decorate!  Our apartment is designed mainly with hand me downs, which is really fortunate, but is rather hodgepodge, especially because we were married half-way through the lease so husband moved in with all his "boy" stuff.  It will be fun to reconfigure the layout, add some color, and perhaps even attempt DIY projects.... but that might be giving me more artistic credit than is due.

Regarding these selected photos, I would like to create a little private sitting area in the bedroom for a better morning coffee quiet time before husband and I rush off in separate directions; a crisper office to make hours of studying more pleasant; and a cheerful bedroom- I will work harder on finding pillows. 
And maybe a headboard.  I try to decorate around the idea that Home is a place of rest and serenity and security.  And individuality- a reflection on who you are, what you like, and where you've been.

Images from here and here and here!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails