The tree would be up, presents wrapped, Christmas carols playing around the clock.
Husband and I would stay in bed the whole morning, drinking champagne. Maybe mixed with some Orange Juice. Fire in the fireplace. Christmas lights strung about.
I would be relaxed, joyful, and excited for the holiday. Spend the day with my horse and family, then prepare for a beautiful nighttime Christmas eve service; we would be dressed up and dressed warm.
Now doesn't that sound supremely perfect?
The week before Christmas 2008- celebrating our imminent nuptials!
This will be my first married Christmas!
But okay, a rather rigorous month and three quarters away. I need to shelve my giddiness for Christmas celebrations and focus focus focus.
3 comments:
Drinking in bed during the day? OK, it's the teetollar in me mocking you.
But I do love the picture and the warm feelings you evoke. But... without the struggle and effort it would not taste half as sweet.
Enjoy the next few weeks during your downtime as best you can, every drop is precious.
thank you Clarity! I know, staying in bed for an entire morning would feel lazy and not triumphant if I didn't earn the right to a little extra downtime!
ok I completely agree with it being the day before christmas but I would want it to just STOP there! time needs to freeze right then! ah you painted a perfect picture of a magical fairy land. i can't wait to have an enchanting christmas with geoffrey. i am craving those moments so bad! anyway.... I will be praying that the hectic moments pass quickly so your perfect christmas eve can be everything you are hoping for.
Post a Comment