Sunday, December 20, 2009

The Nutcracker

Yesterday husband and I took my grandmother to the San Francisco Warm Memorial Opera House to see the Nutcracker; isn't it beautiful?




My grandmother took her grandchildren every year when we were younger, and I have The Nutcracker memorized.  It is a beautiful, creative story with incredible music.  The production has been a bit different for the past 5 years, and that was a little difficult in some respects (no dancing bear! Clara kills the rat king with a mouse trap not her shoe! No backdrop of the land of Candy!)

However, the costumes were stunning and the dancing was spectacular.  I wish I had the grace and movement of a ballerina.


The Snowflake Waltz was the most intricate and breath-taking
dances of them all; my favorite.






1 comment:

Unknown said...

We love to see the Nutcracker every year and it has become a cherished tradition in our family.
New York has a gorgeous production! It is such a wonderful thing to take your grandma as she took you when you were small...
I miss my grandmother and did many things with her as long as she was alive.
Well, it all about carpe diem!

Merry Christmas and a happy New Year!

XX
Victoria

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails