Back to school tomorrow! I had a lovely break, though it has left me insatiably desiring summer vacation! For the first part of my break, off we went to Santa Barbara to spend a pre-Easter with our in-laws.
Highlights included a long bike ride from the house to the cliffs above the beach. I wish I could share with you the scent of fog infused clay, salty wet sand, crushed Eucalyptus leaves under our tires, and fresh new grass and wildflowers.
We went to the beach to rest and read. I love the power of the waves, the soothing sounds in rhythm are impressive. Sand between the toes is sublime.
Delicious meals, visits with family and friends were refreshing.
Leaving is so hard. Santa Barbara is such an indulgent city, materially and naturally.
But on the drive home we cut through away from the coast to the inland freeway.
The scenery was phenomenal.
I'm sorry I share so many photos of the outdoors on here, but I have found that no piece of art can compare to the daily beauty we are given around us. Its a shame that photos catch such a small percentage of that artistry.
California Poppies, are state flower, aren't they vibrant?! If you make the photo larger (click) it is even more glorified.
Yellow mustard, also comes in shades of purple and white. But this is such a bright, nearly neon yellow! The smell is fantastic.
Casualties: the bugs on the windshield. Danger of driving in Spring I suppose.
Spring break part II will be forthcoming! But in the name of discipline, off I go to the gym.
Adieu Adieu!
3 comments:
you were in Santa Barbara for break? aw. :( we just had our break too....would have loved to see you.
yes we were, but just for three days, a whirlwind! We of course would have loved to see you, but I would have felt bad having you guys make that drive because we spent nearly all of our time with his family. I think I'll be down next for Collin's westmont graduation! we actually might be kind of moving there... sigh, things are crazy ms canty. i should have more answers for you in the next couple weeks....
i loved seeing you
Post a Comment