Jean-Michel taught me the importance of hair grooming and he was so right - French women do have fabulous hair and they do spend time and money on it. I often think hair is a kind of security blanket for many women - we get attached to the familiar and are frightened to change for fear of losing our confidence. Instead of our personalities determining our hair we often let our hair determine our personalities. It took an unknown person in an unfamiliar country to enlighten me, literally.
This is the "before" hair:
And the new Parisian tresses after:
So! A new woman! It's been about 20 years since I've had bangs (well, in 7th grade I had a version of bangs, but they were a disaster and I've wiped them from my memory) and I am adjusting to seeing a new face in the mirror. A fun Paris experience, and quite simply, just a nice change from the norm.
Oh, I can't forget! Husband had the Parisian hair experience as well!
This is us before (in a London pub watching U.S. vs. England World Cup):
And after, being silly in our chic Paris hotel:
That is that.
xox


2 comments:
Thanks for comment! So glad to know I'm not the only person who feels lame when trying to blow off steam in a tiny apartment! :-)
I have to say, your hair looks amazing and the bangs are perfect! I think I need a trip to Europe now to get my hair done! :-)
Oh la la, very chic, love that cut on you! You look wonderful!
We are off to Europe in a few days, see what we are up to, I keep a travel journal on the blog!
XX
Victoria
Post a Comment