Sunday, March 27, 2011

Nearby Neighborhoods

It has been awhile! I haven't had many mini-adventures around the city in the past month; I've been to Tahoe and Santa Barbara and Napa (of course), but when I'm home I've been rather busy with finishing up school (month and a half to go! May 14th!)

But this past weekend I hit some hot spots!

Mid-week I helped with some marketing and sales for my friend's company Farm Fresh Clothing at a trunk show down in Potrero.  It was held in an art gallery; I loved all the free parking nearby.  Potrero is near SOMA, and is not Potrero Hill.   I just looked up "Potrero" because SF is full of interesting history, here defined: In English, a potrero is a long mesa that at one end slopes upward to higher terrain. Voila. Now we know (also learned today that the Castro district used to be cattle and dairy land!)

The proprietor of Farm Fresh!

Gallery space- Warhol with a twist exhibit

Friday night John and I had an official date to go to dinner- we haven't gone out together since my birthday!  We went to Japan Town to have shabu shabu, a hot pot dinner.  It was delicious, though my hand cramped from the amount of chopstick use required to hold meat in the pot while it cooks, fish out your green onions, dip into sauces, and scoop rice- too much work if you're hungry!





(Cherry Blossoms by the restaurant and that Japan town monument we all know)

Then Saturday I went with the same Farm Fresh friend to Mission Beach Cafe, thus checking the Mission off my SF bucket list.  And of course we went by the actual mission, which was beautiful.  Later in the day we had the best intentions to make it to Coit Tower, but as we started walking we were stopped by all the unanticipated steep hills, so we decided to get a Mimosa in North Beach instead!

Certainly a multi-cultural weekend.

And how about all this rain?!  At least we get nice breaks now and then, but it seems like it just keeps raining on and on.  I think this week is supposed to flip a switch to warm spring days, let's hope!

Hope this quick little blog post finds you all happy and healthy!

Back to tax law... au revoir!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Its my elementary all together to transmit on this forum,neutral wannat pushy some friends here.if its not allowed to advise on this enter,amuse erase this thread.Nice to meet you!

---------------------------------------------------------------
[url=http://www.sexybags.info/rssrock.html]My designer handabgs[/url]

Anonymous said...

Hello. Facebook takes a [url=http://casino2013.webs.com/]casino[/url] game on 888 casino grapple with: Facebook is expanding its efforts to put real-money gaming to millions of British users after announcing a train with the online gambling comrades 888 Holdings.And Bye.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails