First, am I sufficiently serving the Lord? I'm not taking the Good News to far off countries, I am not serving at the soup kitchen, I'm not working with the elderly, the widows, the orphans. I'm studying for finals. And I realized that I can serve the Lord in my studies, so I can serve him in more poignant and direct ways once I have my degree. Let's be honest, my attitude kind of stinks when it comes to cramming the books. That is where the verse comes in, to serve with gladness. I am recommitting myself to having a spirit of thankfulness that I can be in school, and joyous perseverance when things are tough. And prayer. I still battle sometimes with the theological doctrine of understanding prayer, but when it comes to it, God is a friend who is always there, who hears the quick prayer before the test, and can calm and comfort me.
This post ended up deeper then I meant it to be. But writing things down can help bring me full circle to understanding my own thoughts.
My creative energies have been sucked dry; I will try to find inspiration to write a more clever and uplifting post later.
love to all
3 comments:
That is a great point, there is no specific way that you can only serve God, there are plenty of methods. However, as I read what you just wrote, it reminded me of what you would write in a typical Westmont essay
Ouch! "typical westmont essay" huh? i guess at 8 in the morning i didn't realize how cliche i was. thanks for the wake up call :) ill try to step it up a bit, give you something more original!
once you finish your studying and pass law school you will be able to use that strength and gift to serve and honor the lord. but first you must be equipped.
Post a Comment