Monday, June 22, 2009

Por Cina

I spent all morning in the hospital.  My roommate Christin was with a fever all during the night with her lungs on fire.  She wasn't able to stand up to walk across the room.  So after a disgusting wait in the waiting room (i.e., hacking and coughing, kids throwing up inside their masks causing the white vomit to trickle down into their shirt-collars) Christin had her temperature taken (102.2 F/ 39 C), lungs listened to, and the diagnosis pronounced: SWINE FLU.

I as the roommate am more or less quarantined in the apartment.  The two other girls from our apartment have been transferred to another room.  I was not permitted to go to class, and if I go outside I have to wear a mask.
Attractive, I know...


If I do not have symptoms by tomorrow morning then I should be in the clear (and I can go skiing with the group!!).  I have a slight cough but I think it is more mucus related (yum, I know)- I am guzzling fluids and airborne and taking it easy.  The vacated room has been cleaned so I will sleep in a different room at least, though at this point I have been exposed to the germs so it will only be so I can sleep through the night without hearing Christin cough.  Poor girl.

And to think I was so flippant about the swine flu a couple weeks ago.  Funny enough, Christin must have gotten it in Argentina.

5 comments:

dianasaur said...

YIIIIIKES, get outta that infestation zone

Clarity said...

Corinna, I am sorry! I hope you feel better soon and that the mask and worry fall away. Feel better and I'll pray for you and your roommate.

John Charlton said...

Poor baby! I don't know how you do it, but even with the mask on you still look gorgeous!

Unknown said...

a face only a husband could love.... thanks haha :)

dianasaur said...

how cute is john?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails