
While the hot days of the summer season will stretch on for at least another six weeks, tonight- yes, tonight- is my very last evening of summer break. Tomorrow I begin Round 2. I feel like a prizefighter preparing for a fierce opponent. Though it took me an entire three months, I at last feel peaceful and ready to return to school. And I am glad for that- I am reassured that this is what I should be doing with my life at this time.
I picked blackberries this evening, I thought that would be a nice way to say goodbye to lazy, hazy, relaxing days. Oh, the hope kindling in my breast until they come again!
2 comments:
Good morning! I came here by way of Clarity's blog (the post on love letters).
Lovely photo that captures summer! I haven't visited Carmel for many years. Perhaps it's time for a little trip.
Back to school...
Well done on getting set for round 2. I admire anyone that can tackle the law profession - and hopefully come out helping others.
Pickling blackberries sounds intriguing - do they come out jammy? do you add vinegar? Never had them sour before but I adore eating them.
Glad Willow found a new blog at yours, "just bringing people together" :)
Post a Comment