Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Bad Dreams, and another funny moment in newlywed life

It seems that I am hearing from more people than usual that they are having bad dreams.  I take particular notice because I had terrible dreams last week, and one has vividly stayed with me.  Which leads to the funny newlywed story...

I happen to talk in my sleep, which gave my husband a terrible fright in our first week of marriage when I whispered in his ear at 3 in the morning asking 'who was standing next to me,' beside the bed.  Someone had been there in my dream though I wasn't frightened by him at all.  My husband had adrenaline surging through his veins until morning.  I felt kind of bad.

That is not the funny story.

Our second night in our new place we were a little restless because there are new sounds, lights, dimensions, etc.  Husband was shifty as he slept and hit me twice with his elbow, which was of little consequence to me.  Until his elbow interrupted my dream.  I had a dream that two men were taking knives and slowing inserting them deep into my skin.  And they were slicing husband as well, and he wasn't able to save me.  The two men were holding me and were jeering in the most horrific perverted way as they each took the underside of my forearm to slice it to bits, very slowly.  At that moment, husbands elbow caught me under the chin.  I attacked him.  I started slapping at him with my hands.  We both woke up.  And we laughed, though startled.

I imagined the knife dream was because my arms were killlling me from having to carry so many things in the midst of the move.  And I laugh because I am an interesting person to sleep with, to say the least.  

Lets all find a way to combat the bad dreams that seem to be making the rounds!

2 comments:

crystal canty said...

oh corinna. this made me laugh out loud. but please be nice to John as you sleep! geez. I worry about this when Geoff and I tie the knot. oh geez. have you figured out any helpful tips to make situations like this betteR? Thank you for sharing.

Clarity said...

Oh you poor thing, that sounds horrible. I only know of one school friend years ago who suffered gory horrid dreams like this. She was under a lot of pressure at the time, some self-induced and I wish I had known more about dreams then to be able to help her.

I am glad you can laugh about it, but please take care. I would suggest calming books that allow your thoughts to meander in a positive way.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails