Monday, August 24, 2009

More Monday blues



I had a difficult Monday kick-off.  It was another terrible dream, waking up at the most frightening moment.  I was being chased, leaping over fences as easily as a gazelle.  I thought I would lose him in the corn field, but I was caught in the stalks and trapped.  I awoke as I was swinging a sharp hay hook into my attacker's mouth.  
And I was alone because husband had left for a business trip so early.

The day has straightened itself out- though it took a good dose of quality horse-time and daydreaming.  In that vein, did ya'll hear about the unlimited U.S. JetBlue flight ticket for $600?  In my day dream I decided I would shoot up to see my good friend in Seattle (her birthday today!), swing over to grandma and grandpa in the panhandle of Idaho, drop down to my great friends in Salt Lake City, further then to the Grand Canyon, then shoot over to Kentucky to compete my big grey horse amidst rolling green hills and sparkling white fences.  And maybe catch a concert in Nashville.

Amazing, the power of dreaming impossible but lovely things.

On another positive note, I made really a delicious lunch.  Recipe: cheese bagel, cream cheese, and fresh-from-the-garden sliced tomato, topped with basil; paired with roasted tomato soup.

Off to the books!

3 comments:

Willow said...

Thanks for your comment at my blog. I am learning more and more how much I enjoy writing. But I cannot just write 'on demand'. Soemthing has to trigger the paragraphs in my head. I think that teaching writing will help me, don't you?

You have some seriously scary dreams! I have a couple of recurring ones, usually prompted by something happening in my waking life.

Clarity said...

A beautiful Alice quote - thank you. That book has so many hidden levels.

The being chased dream. It would be hard to interpret without knowing the circumstances but some see it as the outer life impinging on the inner. Sometimes expectations or a mould that do not fit us are realised in a dream.

Or.. it could be cheese. Cheese eaten towards the evening or later gives people nightmares apparently. It messes some neurological function and interferes with our sleep. Feel better soon, I'll pray your nightmares disappear.

Crystal said...

the lunch sounds amazing! and as the dreaming.... well I think you left out your visit to my neck of the woods!! haha

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails