Friday, December 11, 2009

One down!

Last night around 9 30 I finished my first final, in Criminal Procedure. Husband greeted me at home with a big crackling fire and a (very small) glass of red wine...and with a listening ear, which was appreciated the most because I have to just LET GO of all the racing thoughts: did I pass? Did I miss a legal issue? Did I fail multiple choice?

I'm a little embarrassed, but this has become my theme-song for finals. I think the girl is way too sexually explicit for her age, I think she has degenerated into a poor role model for all the young girls that admire her, and I think her parents need to reign her in more. All that to be said, while I find her speaking voice unattractive, her singing is rather impressive. And the whole "butterflies fly away, nodding my head like yeah" really gets me going as I drive to my exam. After all, only unprepared people are justified in being nervous! (right?!) If you peer through the windows of my car you will see me "put my hands up" because their playing my song.

Mine eyes are thus exhausted. But another exam tomorrow morning, so away I go!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Dear Corinna, so sweet to read your post(s), especially the one on the exam now, I wish you good luck, good speed and great inspiration....
I came to see your blog through Clarity, she passed on the Kreativ Blogger Award...
I love her posts so much! And I love how we are all linked together in our pursuit of happiness and to leave footprints in the sand of time.

Is not Lucia Day coming? I do remember girls with crowns of candles...of course from Carl Larsson and Astrid Lindgren...
I know, it seems like all the stereotypes of Swedish common knowledge...forgive me, but I am German and feel close, love Sweden too!
Happy holidays!

XX
Victoria

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails