Saturday, March 13, 2010

Kitchen (en)counters



I had a recipe fail last night.  We tend to eat the same three meals in rotation, over and over and over (quesadillas, pasta, soup) and I have 
been craving some different flavors!  
We haven't been going out to eat, so I tried something new: "sweet potatoes with warm black bean salad."  It looked a little like this, but with corn rather than tomatoes:



Looks tasty, but I've realized that we don't like coriander.  At all.  This is why husband has mandated that I try recipes before I serve them to guests that are over for dinner.
Oh well, live and learn.
(the sweet potato itself was tasty!)

And tonight I am attempting 
peanut noodles with shredded chicken and vegetables!




What do you do when you get stuck in a food rut?
I stick with quick, easy, and cheap as my foundational factors,
then I go to different ethnicities to find different flavors.


May your weekend be happy, healthy, and full of flavor!

1 comment:

Clarity said...

Oh that looks good, I too don't like fresh coriander unlike the rest of my family.

I must admit I avoid food ruts by experimenting when I don't feel like my favourites (I have about 10 from different countries), the simplest thing is grilled salmon or scallops with a salad and mashed potatoes. Homemade pizza is fun too and almost as quick.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails