Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Hope in one hand, Stress in the other

I haven't posted in a week already, my oh my how time can get away!  I had a lovely Easter weekend: gorgeous sun on Saturday and pouring rain and thunder through my Sun-day (wink at irony).  Nearly an inch in one day!

1. Horse show season is beginning!
2. I am going on a trip soon, more details later
3. I am excited about imminent (a year is imminent right?) changes in my career
4. I have discovered shopping on ebay, and I think that there might be some consumerist-feasting going on; I bid, and it* emblazons in red across my screen: "OUTBID don't let it get away, bid again!"  I am learning to ignore its devouring commercialist comments, but learned my lesson the hard way after I failed to ignore the competitive provocation on a couple items.
5. A wedding this weekend, it should be interesting**
6. 2.5 weeks of class remain! I need to keep turning my stress into productive action! I will!

Ms. Golightly, busy at her work, preparing for a trip, worries and hope in each hand!

So that's me. How have all of you been doing?


*: yes, "it," that ugly mastermind behind the bidding prompts, really not even humane.  However, vote Meg Whitman for California governor! (she helped found ebay, and while my weakness urges me to stay away, no one can deny the good it has done or the economically efficient business model it has shown itself to be.)
**:Whenever I don't know how exactly to describe my feelings, or if it is safer not to try, I find the word interesting to work perfectly.

{image snatched from Abbey Try Again}



3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, the pull of ebay... my youngest (10) got the idea that things are within reach there... So we have to curb some serious
IGA (instant gratification addiction) - no more deals on ebay for a while! Interesting what we can live without! ;)
Easter was lovely, now we have a heat wave and we are suddenly in the 80's! Wohoo! I do not mind it a bit after that winter!
We are going to Italy this summer and just got everything sortet out! YES! Only 89 days. :D
Hope the stress is on the light side and the hope is big in the other!!!

XX
Victoria

Unknown said...

Italy!! that is fantastic! I have only been to the very northern part, and hope to do the southern "boot" in short order. I am looking forward to reading about your travels on your blog!

Clarity said...

Charming. I adore your list & look to the left of Audrey, her poster says "Jets to Rio", so fun.

I too have been ebay splurging recently! On Spoken Word LP albums by marvelous readers - Franchot Tone (favourite) to Olivier, right now considering a crazy (bidwise)Plath album. If you want to know will divulge my ebay trick for winning ;) .... I even have a strategy now - not so bad I need an intervention :)

As for plans - writings scripts, dreaming of San Francisco after your post and considering if I should blog just now - just now. Peace, X

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails