I jotted these random thoughts down in my notes yesterday (before my class began of course):
1. I need to remember to tie in why I brought up a story; or at least clue people into the linking thought between the conversation and what I just rambled on about.
2. I took new passport photos today: sick with a cold, runny nose, unwashed hair, and when did I get such large wrinkles around my eyes? The photo only lasts for ten years, and a passport is only one of my most prized possessions (both for the memories it holds, the record of my travels, and as a ticket to satisfy my wanderlust), so no big deal (yeah right)
3. Nothing kills a conversation with a male someone faster than mentioning “oh yes, my husband and I are…”
4. At this time next week I could be terribly overmyhead in preparation for changes, or I could be sitting pretty just the way I am.
5. The Chinese girl in my class, Siwei, tried to teach me some of the grammatical fluctuations in Mandarin (regarding singular and plural uses of a word). I thought I had a good ear and could detect her tonal differences. When I attempted to show my ear talent and dissect the Chinese words, she laughed. I then tried to teach her what “ya’ll” means, and asked if there is an equivalent in Chinese. Despite my valiant attempt, and with the laughs of my peers who were eavesdropping listening to my flailing, I’m not sure if I really conveyed the concept of the plural “you” that is used in most other languages except in America.
5. FETA is trademarked to one company because of the unique character of hardiness in the goats that affects the taste, color, and smell of the cheese. I do love cheese.
6. Techinically, because Jennifer Lopez labels her clothing and perfume under the J. Lo label, it is possible that foods falls outside of her trademark penumbra and I could create “J. Lo Jello” dessert. Brilliant, no?
Happy Friday!
Have a glamorous weekend!

No comments:
Post a Comment