Notes from the wedding:
-First wedding of 2010! I think we have about 5 more
-The bride is a young woman who trains horses, and trained two of ours; she is dedicated and extremely talented in what she does
-She is from South Carolina, and brought out to the California wedding some interesting traditions, presumably from Southern roots. For example, I asked her if she was wearing her 'something old, new, blue,' and her old item was her christening bonnet that was sewn into one of the layers of her dress. Then when she christens her children she will remove the bonnet from her wedding dress.
-Remember when I thought the wedding would be "interesting?" I had imagined it would be a little bit of a dud, considering the circumstances I knew about. But somehow it ended up being much more enjoyable that I had thought! I love pleasant surprises.
-That top middle photo represents a silly awkward "interesting" part of the night. Somehow I ended up assisting dancing with the grandmother of the bride. She grabbed onto my hands and my oh my did she shake it and move it and groove it. However, she had nearly no capacity for balancing herself, and I honestly was bracing my legs against the floor and leaned way back to keep her upright (she is behind the vertical in that photo I'm sure you can see). If I had let go she would have fallen. So I couldn't let go! But she wanted to keep dancing and dancing! My hubby and sister were endlessly amused and took advantage of my entrapment by memorializing the situation in photos. Oh well, grandmas need to have a good time too!
-There were no decorations except for alternating bouquets of hydrangeas and tulips on the dinner tables. But all those strings of light compensated for the lack of embellishment. Note to self: always entertain with twinkling romantic lights!
-I hate flash photos at night. But still hands are no substitute for a tripod. Dilemma. (This is why I included both the blurry and obnoxiously bright photos.)
-bottom left photo, my sister and her husband (my sister who reads my blog but rarely comments :) ). Some people say we bare a striking resemblance.
-my husband is groovy.
Best Wishes for a lifetime of forgiveness and happiness for the newlyweds!

3 comments:
sooo...i guess i can comment now that i finally made it into your blog - ha! great post and i agree...it's always pleasant when something is surprisingly fun :)
hahahahahahahhaa
Weddings are fun this way... we went to a Bat Mitzvah (they are like weddings over here) this weekend and I my description could be similar, more fun then expected...just a very, very long service!
I love the happy pictures of you!
XX
Victoria
Post a Comment