Thursday, October 21, 2010

I don't know how I feel writing this


This marks an official blog hiatus.

I've been confused lately about why I am even writing a blog. 

1. It started as a travel journal (Israel and Jordan! Argentina and Chile! Europe!)
2. Then it was an outlet for inspiration. 
3. Then it was to share with other blogging women (who I have found are super creative and awesome, that was a pleasant and exciting surprise!).  
4. Then it was to get comments and followers (ick, what a terrible motivation for me! especially since I kind of failed at so doing

Now when I write I am plagued with important questions:
Am I sufficiently protecting my privacy?
Now that I have unofficially started job hunting, will a future employer run a google search and find my blog, and judge me based on the content?
I don't even know who all is reading my posts, so am I creating one-sided relationships? (which is, after all, the main reason I kind of hate the institution of social-media, aka, facebook. a special thank you to my friends who told me you enjoyed my blog!)

Answers: probably not, yes, and most likely

I have fun blogging, and I do like the creative outlet. And I like a lot of the other bloggers out there.  I wouldn't have found many of them if they hadn't posted comments on my posts (like my newest blog adoration: Sending Postcards). Those are the pros for sure.

So I think I've decided:
1. I will continue with my kind of nerdy Ribbons and Red Tape horse blog
2. I won't set my blog to private or delete it... yet
3. Print the diary of my travels recorded in blog posts if I decide to delete
4. I'll keep following the blogs in my reader (and trying to win giveaways, obviouslllly)
5. Follow new ones that seem great
6. Start posting again if:
      A. I have the desire to post
      B. My life takes a change that I want to preserve as a journal on my blog (such as traveling)
      C. I feel that I don't have to post things that fit the stereotype of a cute blog, like using sappy               adjectives to describe how you feel when you see beautiful letterpress stationery or the newest J. Crew movie (that sounds mean. I don't mean to be, it just wasn't for me- even though I truly love those things too!)
7. Fill my time that I used to use to blog by doing just about anything else (which will not be trolling facebook); I'm not sure what will quite fit the bill, but I tend to be creative.  I should write down my dreams that occur when I sleep more often- they are great stories and have entertained/ scared husband on long car rides. Among other people.

On this kind of off-setting note (see the title of this post again), my husband is cute and made this for me.


  


The end. For now.
(I can have an indecisive streak)
Oof, this kind of feels like a mini-break up, how odd.
So tough to click the "publish" button!

I'm so melodramatic. Let's see how long I can hold out!



9 comments:

Unknown said...

I really love my bloomers/petticoats in the video- and the way I walk when I exit the building! :)

Drew said...

We all times when we reach a point and wonder why we blog. The most important thing, the only thing, that will keep you going if you do it for yourself.

Hope to see more and please don't go private! Once someone goes private they just kind of disappear.

Unknown said...

See, I am glad you have the guts to write about it. I have had such moments, but for me the blog is also a creative outlet since design is my occupation, although pretty down right now. This makes me happy in times when I am ready to quit. Or getting depressed.
I can fully understand your motives and just hope you will have the urge to share some of your thoughts with us!
I blog therefore I am is surely not MY motto!

Life is an adventure and some things come along for the ride, some not! And some get put aside. For a while...

Good luck and hope to hear from you!

xx
Victoria

Unknown said...

Corinna, thanks for the cutest of all links on re-upholstering.... You are the best!

XO
Victoria

Unknown said...

and you will keep hearing from me! thank you victoria for being one of the great blogging women i've "met"!!

crystal canty said...

I know why you blog!!! So people in far parts of the world who love you oh so much and miss you tremendously can hear a part of your heart. I always smile when reading. I will miss you dear!

Collin White said...

It's been a while... I agree, it's tough, I have one blog post from the first weekend at Thunderbird.

Unknown said...

well, its been a few weeks and i'm glad i've taken a break. my horse legal one is pretty cool though, and still going!

Unknown said...

Corinna, I just want to wish you and your husband happy holidays!
I hope all is well and you are looking forward to a wonderful yuletide!

Take care, so nice to hear from you!

xx Victoria
PS: Thank you for your kind compliment! Means so much to me!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails