Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Yay Giants!


Giants won 6-5 over the Phillies!
Now that I'm a San Franciscan, I'm a Giants groupie.
I got together with friends tonight, a Wednesday night, to cheer on the team.
I felt so part of the "in crowd." (An infrequent feeling, let me assure you.)


So while I have seemingly strong moral convictions against the game
(do you KNOW how much they are paid? and how out of shape many of them are for professional athletes?!)
I feel myself being pulled into this rather small and tight-knit city community.

Though I have my share of ridiculous muni (transit) stories.
That will be for a later post,
but most of them sound like the opening of a joke.
For instance,
Yesterday a man was upset he didn't make it in time and he attacked the bus with his cane, beating at my window, yelling obscenities through the trembling plexiglass. 
I frequently pretend I am unable to understand the english language.
But I forgive all the crazies,
we all face our own inner monsters.

Play ball!


1 comment:

Christina Elaine said...

GO Giants... I grew up in Marin and I am def always a Giants fan.......

xxx
CEO

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails