...but for you interior-design-types, I'll mention I met a Domino-nominated "top ten designer to watch," Kimberly Ayres. I met her (and her enthusiastic lawyer husband) at the San Francisco Zoo, and she was so kind and genuine. She is an attorney, who faded from law to pursue a passion in interior-design. That is both invigorating and frightening for me at the same time. She has shifted from Houston to San Francisco, and runs an epononymous store there. Thanks to i suwanee, I was able to talk shop about the new Lonny online magazine.
Unfortunately her blog isn't up and going, but here are some photos from her website portfolio:
The designer in a cheery monochromatic yet visually stimulating space:

Her store has a great selection of wallpapers (I love here the blend of elegant whimsy with textured floors grounding the trees):

Could this be the mud room?! Imagine that kind of beautiful detail in the most mundane parts of your home:

I had to put this picture in because of the horse bust:
No comments:
Post a Comment