Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Come walk with me


This weekend I took a heaven on earth kind of hike.  Have a look through my eyes...

The view from the top

Recognize this track...?


Mountain Lion!  Look at the distance of that stride! Yikes!
            

Rips checked out the scent of the lion



I don't like walking through fields of cows.  They stare you down.  If there are heifers they sometimes charge.
This one in particular stood his ground despite my yells and flapping arms.

Perfect farm life: barn, horse, tractor


The wild mustard is in such vivid abundance!


These ponies live with a nice view


Spanish Moss on oak trees, that mustard! I can't get over it


Quaint country life: picked wild mustard and spring daffodils


These blooming trees have always reminded me of brides in their wedding gowns; 
blushing, blooming, full white abundance


The exact spot where I stood and cried in surprise as he knelt before me. I said yes!


About a year and a half since that day I stand on the same spot. But I wear my sweet wedding band now.



The mallards were not as taken with my revelry in the spot;
but ducks mate for life, just like husband and myself!





See it? The boat escaped and needs to be recaptured.
But quite romantic looking, forlorn in the evening light, free from its binds. 




Transitioning into Spring! Rain and muck but blooming vegetation!

I love being outside.

1 comment:

crystal canty said...

love you friend. miss you

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails