Thursday, March 4, 2010

Random but lovely

I randomly came across a post on Cup of Jo that said:


Alyson recently asked photographer Stephanie Congdon Barnes for the most memorable advice she'd been given.

Stephanie replied: You can have the life you want.



I was piqued.  So I wanted to see who Stephanie was, that she should have such rousing advice.  Clicking her name led me here, her blog and shop.  She is the author of "A Year of Mornings," which was part of my darling Christmas gift from the most lovely, warm friend.






A synopsis of the book: 


"A Year of Mornings" collects 236 images—always taken before noon without discussion between the two women – from this uniquely 21st-century artistic collaboration. The intimacy of these photographs—discarded clothing, a view of a snowy day from the window, a table cloth—combined with their striking similarities in color and composition defies the reality of their long-distance collaboration. While clearly kindred spirits, the two women have met in person only once. Their friendship is maintained solely online, sustained by a shared love for moments of serenity, solitude, and peacefulness."




I love my copy!  I keep it on my table and pick it up throughout the week to see the photo they took on the same date years back.  I am continually gasping at the similarities and shared themes in the daily photos.  From the website I learned there is also "A Year of Evenings," and yet another book in the works.  Long distance friendships are hard, but everyone finds ways to stay connected.  This book was a labor of love I'm sure, but also a real treat for readers.


Happy little connection for the quiet morning of what will be a very busy day!


p.s. I believe in that quote

5 comments:

Unknown said...

What a wonderful post! I love the idea of the two woman sharing this long distance friendship and bringing their mornings and evenings together! It is all about connecting! This is special!
Indeed: You can have the live you want. May I add: It is harder to find out what you truly want...

XX
Victoria

Unknown said...

haha that is true! I suppose we start with the broad goals: happiness, love, peacefulness... and then narrow it by making baby steps to those ideals!

crystal canty said...

this made me cry.
my heart longs for you!
truly miss you friend.

thank you for bringing such joy to my heart no matter the distance.

i love you.

Chelsea Talks Smack said...

this sounds lovely, i want this!

The Neo-Traditionalist said...

I looove this book! Have a copy on my shelf as well. Picked it up last time we were in Maine. XO

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails