Saturday, May 1, 2010

Första maj

Walpurgis Day!
(May Day!)

Songs, bonfires, collecting greenery-
the traditions vary throughout Sweden,
but for many of us,
it is the day to welcome spring!

(yes, I gave Flower the cat May day as her birthday. I hope my siblings can remember this; they think its funny to doubt my memories sometimes...)
And this year I was a bit more tied to my desk,
but my wonderful sweet friend Crystal (who also gave me this book)
"delivered" to me a May day gift from Los Angeles!

Arriving in the mail:


When I was young I recall picking flowers from around the neighborhood, running to our stoop to drop them off and ring the bell, then I would run away again.
This is some odd combination of Swedish tradition and childish pranks,
but great fun!



For the Martha Stewart interpretation, click here, including instructions to create your own Maypole!

2 comments:

Crystal marie said...

oh Corinna dear you are wonderful! The flowers look great! I am so glad I was able to send some love your way! One May day, we can gather flowers together.
I love you! xoxo

Unknown said...

Happy May day!

Such a wonderful month!

XX
Victoria

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails